Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home-made Bapao

Bao, Bapao or Bakpao depending where you're from is essentially steamed buns filled with roast pork. I have made this once before back in Oz but had totally forgotten the recipe and "how to". So with Mum with me, I set out to try the recipe again.

They turned out better than I thought and really delicious. I remember as a child Mum making these with such strength as she literally had to bang the dough down onto the bench. We still had to do some serious kneading but all in all not as difficult as once thought. Hubs also tried his hand at a few and although not quite the traditional pork bun, this one which he did turned out quite lovely indeed...

2 comments:

  1. Hello friend these look yummo! How's things? What's the website ur working on?

    ReplyDelete